ORDER BEFORE 12PM FOR SAME DAY DESPATCH ON WEEKDAYS         FREE UK SHIPPING:   ROYAL MAIL 48H FOR ORDERS OVER £20     DPD NEXT WEEKDAY FOR ORDERS OVER £45
• HOME V60 STARTER PACK
• HOME COLD BREW KIT - AEROPRESS & PUCK PUCK
•HOME BATCH BREW KIT - WILFA GINDER & BREWER
• DARK ARTS MERCH PACK
• 6 MONTH COFFEE SUBSCRIPTION
• 12 MONTH COFFEE SUBSCRIPTION
• SCA "INTRODUCTION TO COFEE" COURSE 4HRS
• HOME BARISTA COURSE W/ SARAH AT THE ROASTERY FOR 2PLL
• HOME COFFEE BREWING COURSE W/ SARAH AT THE ROASTERY FOR 2PPL
• COFFEE TASTING EXPERIENCE AND TOUR AT THE ROASTERY FOR 4 PPL
• SAGE BARISTA HOME ESPRESSO MACHINE
• PALM SIZED TATTOO BY SOPHIEMO - (NEW PRIZE)
• CALL ME ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY - PRINT VALUED AT £1,700
• CALL ME ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY - PRINT VALUED AT £1,70
• A £200 BAR TAB AT BLONDIES BAR
•A £250 GIFT CARD FROM THE GREAT FROG LONDONTO USE IN STORE & ONLINE
•A MEAL FOR 2 AT BLACK CAT HACKNEY
Hey, I’m Sarah, I’m the head barista/trainer & QC assistant here at Dark Arts. You might have seen me do brew guide videos on here before but today I’m gonna be talking about something a bit different.
I’m trans-non-binary, which for me means I don’t identify as either male or female & my pronouns are they/them/theirs. In September I’ll be undergoing life-changing, gender-affirming surgery, specifically top surgery. This surgery is extremely expensive at almost £11,000 and is something that is not accessible to me on the NHS.
As a way to raise money for me to be able to have this surgery I, with the help of my Dark Arts family, will be doing a raffle. Tickets will be £10 and the prizes are going to be amazing and will include things from coffee brewing equipment, subscriptions and barista training with me here at the Roastery.
It’s going to run for the whole month of June, which is pride month. It’s not easy for me to ask our community for help for something so personal and to be so vulnerable. But having a body that feels like it doesn’t belong to me is something that I have struggled with daily for as long as I can remember.
I can’t really express how much this surgery means to me or how life-changing it will be. So, please, if you want to, and you are able to do so, buy a ticket - it will really mean the world to me.
Our goal is to raise £9,000 which will cover the remaining cost of my surgery and if we raise more than that then the money will be donated to the amazing charity The Albert Kennedy Trust, who Dark Arts have been supporting for a few years now, who do brilliant work with homeless LGBTQ+ young people.
Thank you so much and good luck!